Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
General Manager Kersten Middle East
Kersten Middle East has been established in 2013 and located in Ras-al-Khaimah (UAE) to serve local Middle East construction companies. The company is part of the Kersten Group with locations in the Netherlands, Germany and Poland.
Kersten Middle East is the leading company in the GCC region fully dedicated to bending sections and tubes in mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium. Kersten's international team of bending professionals is eager to deliver high quality bending work and to exceed customer's expectations. We work by the strict European quality norms and regulation.
Kersten Middle East
Kersten Middle East is currently looking for a General Manager for a permanent position based in Ras Al Khaimah - UAE. The General Manager has a key position in the organization and a decision-making role in the strategic and commercial direction of the young and rapidly growing company. Your duties and responsibilities encompass the full array of activities of the company that are involved in maximizing the return on company’s investment and creating value for shareholders through effective strategy development, efficient operational control and organizational development, policy and procedure deployment. The General Manager will directly report to the Board of Directors.
As the General Manager you:
- direct the company's activities to achieve the annual set targets and standards for performance (financial & operational), safety, quality, culture and legislative adherence.
- take care of day-to-day management of the business within the terms of the annual business plan approved by the board of directors.
- represent the company in its relationships with others and in this respect, the GM has the power to deal in its name at companies and individuals.
- organize the internal regime of the corporation, issue correspondence and oversees that the accounting is up to date.
- identify, develop and direct the implementation of business strategy.
- develop and grow the company by supporting the extension of new bending capacities and technologies.
- submit the projections for annual reports and financial statements, annual budgets, work programs and other activities to the Board of Directors for approval.
- attend, with the right to speak but with no voting rights, the board of director’s meetings and international sales meetings.
- are in charge of executing the provisions of the Board of Directors.
- provide weekly and monthly unaudited management accounts for the board of directors.
- develop the business and promote the company’s presence in the Middle East region.
- develop business networks and share networks with your local and international sales team.
- spend 60% of the time in sales and business development activities.
- extensive travel within the UAE and GCC region. (mainly Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman and Bahrain)
- identify (new) ways to increase business and profitability.
- create and execute marketing activities in cooperation with the group marketing & communication department.
- maintain a strong and proactive customer and supplier focus and develop good friendly working relationships with them.
- closely liaise with other senior staff to ensure they are fully informed about strategy, operational objectives, purposes and achievements.
- support, mentor & coach all staff & bending professionals so they can become more complete, effective & progress.
- ensure safety as a critical part of daily operation, help prepare and follow company procedures and ensure others follow the same. Strive for zero accidents and eliminate or minimize hazards in daily activities.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate has:
- successfully completed bachelor degree technical & commercial studies, for example: Industrial engineering & Management science or Mechanical engineering.
- minimal 4 to 8 years relevant experience with proven track record in a technical and/or commercial management position.
- demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, engineering and maintenance.
- GCC experience is desirable but not essential.
The following skills are essentials:
- passion to drive the sales and achieve the goals.
- thorough understanding of marketing, sales and negotiating techniques.
- commercial technical, entrepreneur, a strong leader, strategic vision and a bridge builder.
- proactive, innovative and detail orientated.
- hands-on mentality, self-motivated and a team player.
- excellent communication skills – fluent in written and verbal English.
Explore this diverse area of responsibility between technology, strategy and leadership? We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Kersten Middle East is a rapidly growing, financial healthy and part of an ambitious group of companies.
We offer a.o.:
- an independent, challenging position at an international dynamic organization.
- a dynamic and innovative environment with a passion for bending technology.
- within Kersten entrepreneurship is a priority, you will get the full freedom and responsibility.
- competitive salaries based on your education and experience.